Food Pyramid

During this week, dinning with my family, my uncle was impressed because I eat double of a normal meal and I’m not too fat. I explained him three facts:
I love food, I do workout, and the most important, I try to eat properly. People think that skipping meals and avoiding carbohydrates in our daily meal is the best way, yet according to the pyramid food 80% of our meals must be composed of carbohydrates.


The Healthy Eating Pyramid

  •  Vegetables, salad, and fruit - Eat plenty of these, up to seven servings a day.
  • Starchy foods - Have wholemeal cereals and breads, potatoes, pasta, or rice with each meal. Wholegrain is best.
  • Dairy - Have some milk, yogurt, and cheese. Choose reduced-fat or low-fat.
  • Meat and alternatives - Have some meat, poultry, fish, eggs, beans, and nuts. Choose lean options and have fish at least twice a week – one being oily.
  • Fats, spreads, and oils - Have small amounts and choose unsaturated or reduced-fat options.
  • We call these 'treats' - foods that have high amounts of salt, fat, and sugar. This is the least important shelf. Have a treat once or twice a week.

 

You don’t have to get the right balance at every meal. It's fine if you balance it out over the whole day or even a week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Hypertrophy?

Exercising Fasted: Good or Bad?

What is Strenght ?